Te Ara Kitenga – Vision
Te Oranganui o Ngāti Pāhauwera
A supportive, healthy, vibrant, prosperous and united Ngāti Pāhauwera.
Te Paerangi Kei Mua – Mission
To protect and enhance the resources of Ngāti Pāhauwera for the welfare of the people and to maintain the Treaty claim settlement in a sustainable manner for future generations.
Nga Tikanga – Guiding Principles
- Ko te Amorangi ki mua ko te hapai o ki muri.
Let Io be the spearhead and achievement will follow.
- Mahia nga māhi o Kahukura
Imagine and create a better future.
- Kia ū ki te pā harakeke
Cherish your whanau, hapu, iwi.
- Ko taku rekereke ko taku tūrangawaewae
Wherever I live, I stand as Ngāti Pāhauwera.
- Pakatō i te ata, Pakatō i te ahiahi, Maurī mahi Mauri ora.
Planning and preparation are critical to health and prosperity.
- Mōhaka harara taupunga ōpunga.
United in our diversity.
- Ko au te awa, ko te awa ko au.
I am the river and the river is me. The river is integral to my identity.