The Trustees of the Ngāti Pāhauwera Development Trust and the Crown have initialled a recognition agreement for Customary Marine Title under/in accordance with the Marine and Coastal Area (Takutai Moana) Act 2011 over part of the Ngāti Pāhauwera rohe moana. The agreement will only be signed if it is ratified by the members of Ngāti Pāhauwera.
The Trustees invite Ngāti Pāhauwera members to attend the following ratification hui to hear about the recognition agreement and vote on whether or not to ratify it.
Members of Ngāti Pāhauwera will be asked to vote on the following resolutions:
1. I, as a member of Ngāti Pāhauwera, agree to accept the Ngāti Pāhauwera Recognition Agreement.
2. I, as a member of Ngāti Pāhauwera, agree that the Trustees of the Ngāti Pāhauwera Development Trust will be the customary marine title representative group for the Ngāti Pāhauwera Recognition Agreement.
Voting will take place at the hui below:
Kahuranaki Marae, Te Hauke 20 July 2017 at 6pm
Waipapa A Iwi Marae, Mohaka 22 July 2017 at 10am Te Taiwhenua O Heretaunga, Hastings 30 July 2017 at 10am
You must be registered with Ngāti Pāhauwera Development Trust and 18 or over to vote. Registration forms will be available at the ratification hui. The outcome of voting will be published at www.ngatipahauwera.co.nz on 7 August 2017. If the members of Ngāti Pāhauwera vote to ratify the agreement, the Trustees will sign it and the Crown will give effect to it through legislation.
Ngāti Pāhauwera members can submit submissions, comments, questions or concerns or access information including the full recognition agreement:
– at the Trust offices in 74 Queen Street, Wairoa and 15 Shakespeare Road, Napier
– call (06) 838 6869 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
– go to www.ngatipahauwera.co.nz or our facebook page.
To view the Deed of Agreement – please click below:
To view the information booklet – please click below:
To view the documents relating to the process of determination including the decision, evidence and reports please click here