2018 TRUSTEE ELECTIONS | Call for Nomination of
Tēnā rā koutou ngā whānau o Ngāti Pāhauwera,
The Ngāti Pāhauwera Development Trust (the Trust) manages the settlement assets of the Trust on behalf of the Ngāti Pāhauwera Iwi. The Trust is governed by seven trustees. Under the terms of the trust deed three of those trustees must retire later this year. Those vacancies are ordinary vacancies and have a term of office of four years. Additionally, there are also two extraordinary vacancies on the Trust that have a remaining term of office of two years. Nominations are now called to fill the five vacancies on the Trust.
The process will be;
- Nominations for the trustee positions will open on Thursday 12 July 2018, and close at 12 noon on Wednesday 1 August
- Nominations must be made on the official form which are available;
- by phoning 0800 666 928, or emailing email@example.com, or
- from the Trust office 74 Queen Street, Wairoa or 15 Shakespeare Road, Napier
- Candidates must also submit a profile statement and a recent photograph with their nomination Details about the election process, time and skill requirements are included on an information sheet, available with the nomination forms.
The Trust also invites anyone who has not already enrolled, aged 18 years and over and with the appropriate whakapapa, to apply to be included on the Trust’s register. Registration forms are available from the Trust offices, 74 Queen Street, Wairoa or 15 Shakespeare Road, Napier.
Candidate information sheet
Nau Mai, Haere Mai
Tangitū ki te moana
Maungaharuru ki uta
Mōhaka te awa
Ko Ngāti Pāhauwera te iwi
E mihi kau ana ki te iti me te rahi o Ngāti Pāhauwera. Kō nei tonu te ipurangi whakairi kōrero hei tirotiro mā ngā urī o Ngāti Pāhauwera. Me mihi atu hoki ki te hunga i tua atu i te Iwi e pānui ana i ngā kōrero mō mātau – tēnā anō koutou katoa.
Through this website the Trust will provide updates on news, events, and information on the activities of the Trust for members, whanau and the general public.
Nau mai, Haere mai ki tēnei Pae Tukutuku!
He Tohu Whakamārama
Our logo represents the unique and iconic “reti board” that is synonymous to Ngāti Pāhauwera.
The “reti board” is a Ngāti Pāhauwera exemplar of an ancient creation of innovation in catching the world famous Mohaka kahawai.
Symbolised within the body of the “reti board” is “Paikea”, revered taniwha of the Mohaka. The Mohaka, Waihua and Waikare rivers are reflected in the logo background.
Rēhita – Register
We invite all those who whakapapa to our Hapū to register with the Ngati Pahauwera Development Trust. Your registration will allow you:
- to be kept in touch with the exciting things that are happening for our Hapū and Marae;
- to participate in the decisions at the AGM and other General Meetings;
- to elect Trustees to Ngati Pahauwera Development Trust; and
- be counted – allowing us to identify who and where our whānau are, thereby helping the Trust to better serve our whānau and Hapū.
He aha ō whakaaro
Let us know your thoughts, suggestions and ideas below.
The Manaaki Committee is responsible for developing the social strategy for the Trust.
It is also responsible for the distribution of Community and Educational grants to our many beneficiaries.
Be sure to register with the Trust and keep you contact details up to date. You can now do this online – just complete the form.
Check out our Employment pages for any employment opportunities that may become available! Contact Peter Eden (firstname.lastname@example.org or 06 8343808) and send in your CV to register your skills or let him know what assistance you may require with regards to training and employment. Click here for more details Employment Opportunities