Ngāti Pāhauwera Commercial Development Limited seeks an experienced Farm Hand to work alongside the team managing 2,500 hectares of sheep and beef farms. This role is predominantly based at Pihanui Station, a 1250 ha farm located 30kms inland from Wairoa but from time to time may involve assisting staff on other farms in the area.
Reporting to the Stock Manager on Pihanui Station, the ideal candidate will:
· Be a competent and experienced fencer.
· Be experienced in water reticulation.
· Be experienced in stock related tasks.
· Think for themselves and be able to work unsupervised.
· Focus on high outputs of quality work.
· Enhance and contribute to our focus on the health and safety for all parties.
· Have knowledge of tikanga o Pāhauwera. Te Reo Maori is desirable
· Lives and promotes our values and ethics: Whānaungatanga, Kaitiakitanga, Manaakitanga.
If you are passionate about working with a progressive organisation and our Iwi and can demonstrate the required attributes, we would love to hear from you.
To be considered for the role applicants need to supply:
- A current CV
- A covering letter that tells us why we should consider you.
- Two referees
A comfortable three bedroom cottage is available for the successful applicant. Remuneration will be set according to skills and experience.
Enquires and full employment descriptions can be obtained by contacting Jonathan Neilson (Jonathan.firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 237 5687). Applications are to be received by Jonathan no later than 5 pm on Friday 18th August, 2017.