DOVE Hawke’s Bay is a strong and committed team, and a leading social service organisation specialising in strengthening whanau and individuals to live safely, building respectful relationships, and helping prevent family violence.
OUR COMMITMENT TO MAORI
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
We are seeking a qualified social worker / counsellor to co-facilitate psycho-educational individual and group sessions and provide associated case management functions for clients enrolled in the service. You will work with victims and perpetrators of family violence and their children. You will promote respectful, non- violent relationships by changing beliefs, attitudes and behaviours at the individual and whanau level.
The role involves assessment and planning, safety planning, individual and group facilitation, increasing client awareness, building knowledge and skills to better respond to and prevent family violence.
Those applicants holding a professional registration and/or a Degree or Diploma qualification in Social Work or Counselling with be viewed favourably.
Required of you:
- A demonstrated cultural competency of working effectively with Maori to improve outcomes for Maori, Pasifika and other Therefore an ability in Te Reo Maori is desirable however, an understanding and commitment to the principles of the Tiriti O Waitangi is essential.
- An advanced understanding around the dynamics, impact and prevention of family violence and trauma informed practice
- A working knowledge of relevant NZ legislation and social work case management frameworks
- Advanced facilitation skills – individual and group, motivational and therapeutic
- Demonstrated assessment, analytical and conceptual skills
- You will enjoy working as part of a dedicated team and be committed to working collaboratively with other professionals
- Proven time management, excellent communication and reporting skills Please apply for this position, email your Cover Letter and CV to:
Judy Maier, Administration Manager DOVE Hawkes Bay
EMAIL: email@example.com Phone: 06 843 5307.
Applications close 4pm on Friday, 29th May 2020